ABCs of Homebuying
Buying Your First Home in Oregon? The more prepared prospective homebuyers are, the more likely the buying experience will be a satisfying one. In our ABC’s of Homebuying workshop, participants will learn how to shop for the right home and how to research home mortgage and insurance options. You will learn about the loan closing process and how to protect your investment.
Upon completion of this course, you will be ready to:
- Research first time home buyer and down payment assistance programs
- Shop for a loan and receive pre-approval
- Select and purchase your new home
- This course was produced by the Homeowner Education Collaborative of Oregon (HECO).
Pre-registration is required. Space is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
The cost is $45 per household and includes all class materials.
Classes in Douglas County are online only. Click here for online registration (you will be redirected to our client portal).
- If you need a computer to take your class, please call our offices to make an appointment Monday through Friday between 8:15 am and 4:30 pm (in Roseburg, 541-673-4909, in North Bend, 541-756-1000).
To register for Coos or Curry County classes, call 541-756-1000 or click here for online registration (you will be redirected to our client portal).
Coos and Curry County ABC’s of Homebuying Class
- Saturday, March 4, 8 am – 5 pm
- Saturday, May 13, 8 am – 5 pm
- Saturday, July 22, 8 am – 5 pm
- Saturday, October 14, 8 am – 5 pm
Additional classes may be added depending on need
North Bend Housing Authority – Conference Room 1700 Monroe St, North Bend OR 97459
Framework HomeOwnership Online Course
Do you prefer self-paced learning? This web-based class is the equivalent to our in-person ABC’s of Homebuying Class. Click here to sign up (you will be redirected to the Framework site).