A. Statement of Purpose
Umpqua Community Development Corporation, dba NeighborWorks Umpqua (NWU), seeks to engage with a consultant to develop and implement an equitable community engagement plan to help position the organization to develop affordable housing in collaboration with existing housing stakeholders in coastal Southwest Oregon.
B. Background Information
NWU was founded in 1991 in response to the lack of affordable housing development in Douglas County, Oregon. Formed by a group of concerned citizens, NWU began developing affordable housing and community development projects and over the years has grown to serve a vast rural area in Southwestern Oregon consisting of the five counties of Coos, Curry, Douglas, Jackson, and Josephine. NWU provides affordable housing development, asset building, homeownership, lending, community engagement and advocacy, and community-based economic development services.
NWU is a chartered member of the NeighborWorks America community development network and maintains an Exemplary rating. We are a certified Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO) and are a member of Rural LISC, Rebuilding Together, and the NextStep Network.
NWU has a twelve-member Board of Directors with diverse backgrounds and roots in rural Oregon, a staff of 42 dedicated employees, and an annual operating budget of approximately $6.5 million. We have an affordable housing portfolio of 609 units. Since 2011, we have created 389 homeowners and assisted 273 homeowners in maintaining their homes.
C. Tasks to be Accomplished
Task 1: Create a three-year Collective Impact Plan for coastal affordable development with NeighborWorks Umpqua serving as the backbone organization.
Task 2: Develop an Equity Plan for engaging diverse stakeholders in pre-development activities that aligns with NeighborWorks Umpqua’s Race Equity Diversity and Inclusion Team’s goals and objectives.
Task 3: Support the Curry Housing Task Force through meeting convening and facilitation.
Summary of Deliverables
All deliverables are due by the end of the period of performance.
- Three-year Collective Impact Plan
- Coastal Housing Development Equity Plan
- Meeting agendas and minutes for Curry Housing Task Force
D. Contract Details
Period of Performance
- The project period desired is from October 15, 2019, through December 31, 2019.
- Compensation for the successful bidder is $10,000.
- Payment will be made in two increments: $5,000 at the signing of the contract and $5,000 at the successful completion of work.
E. How to Submit a Proposal
Please submit the following no later than October 8, 2019, to Kasilita Katoa by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic submissions are required.
Respondents are asked to submit a narrative proposal and any supporting documents that respond to the items below. Please limit narrative submissions to no more than 5 pages, double-sided, or 10 pages single-sided. Supporting documents do not count towards the page limit. Each item will be scored and evaluated according to the percentages outlined.
- A technical approach, which describes how you will carry out the tasks outlined above.
- (25%)A summary of your recent and relevant projects. (15%)
- Equity Statement of Firm or Consultant’s approach to equitable development (15%)
- A summary of experience working in Coos, Curry, or Western Douglas Counties in Oregon and understanding of the community dynamics and context as it relates to housing development and planning. (25%)
- Resume/CV (10%)
- Names, phone numbers, and email addresses of individuals at three nonprofit organizations who have been your clients during the last eighteen months and whom we can contact as references. (10%)
- Bonus: Consultants that reside full time in Curry, Coos, or Western Douglas Counties will receive a 5% boost in scoring. Minority or Women-Owned Firms or Sole Proprietors will receive an additional 5% boost. The boost will be awarded at the sole discretion of NWU. To qualify for either boost, please submit documentation that supports the requested boost.
If you have questions, please email them to email@example.com.