Love it. Get Down Payment Assistance. Buy it.
Down Payment Assistance:
Veterans, buying your first home may be easier than you think.
Up to $10,000 of no-interest loans are available to help with down payment or closing costs for first-time home buyers in Coos, Curry, Douglas, Klamath, and Lake counties. This loan does not have to be repaid until you sell, move, or refinance your home.
- Funding can be used for closing costs or down payments
- No-interest loan
- No monthly payment: payments not due until you sell your home
- Easy to apply and pre-approval available
- Single-family homes, condominiums, and manufactured homes may be eligible
You may be an eligible home buyer if:
- You are a first-time homebuyer
- You are purchasing a single-family home in Coos, Curry, Douglas, Klamath, or Lake Counties
- You have completed or are willing to complete a HUD-certified homebuyer education course
- Your total household income is below the family income limit for your county (see chart below)
2020 HUD Income Limits – Area Median Income for Families
|County||Family Median Income Limit|
If you are ready for pre-approval, have your documents ready.
View Document Checklist
This program is made possible through funding from Oregon Housing and Community Services (OHCS) Down Payment Assistance Program.
Loan is in place as long you own and occupy your home, or until you refinance your home. You will be required to pay the loan in full when you move, sell or refinance.
Amount – up to $10,000
Interest Rate – no-interest
Monthly Payment – no monthly payment
“Homeownership would have been impossible without NeighborWorks Umpqua! I am definitely low income and I was worried that homeownership might be out of my reach.” – J.B.
Ready for pre-approval?
Contact us below or call 541-673-4909
If you are ready for pre-approval, have your documents ready. View document checklist.