Volunteering with NeighborWorks Umpqua in your spare time is one of the best ways to positively impact Southern Oregon. We appreciate your time — whether you have a few hours or want to volunteer on a regular basis.
We have opportunities available:
- Volunteer income tax assistance: positions range from greeters to tax preparers
Benefits of Becoming a VITA Volunteer
For over 50 years, volunteers have prepared tax returns in communities across the country. Each year, thousands of volunteers prepare millions of tax returns through the VITA.
Learn new skills, acquire tax knowledge, and help customers prepare their taxes.
- Home repair program: manual labor, landscaping and clean-up
- DreamBuilders: manual labor, landscaping and clean-up
- Community gardens: clean-up, winterization, scouting programs, school groups
- Graduate and student internships: wellness calls, elderly, creative arts, communications, office work and other programs that can match various areas of study
If you would like to volunteer a specific skill or volunteer your time and learn something new, please email or connect with us below.